I am a personality/social psychologist interested in the differences between how people see themselves, how they are seen by others, and how they behave.
- Gosling,S. D., & Vazire, S. (2002). Are we barking up the right tree? Evaluating a comparative approach to personality. Journal of Research in Personality, 36, 607-614.
- Gosling, S. D., Vazire, S., Srivastava, S., & John, O. P. (2004). Should we trust Web-based studies? A comparative analysis of six preconceptions about Internet questionnaires. American Psychologist, 59, 93-104.
- Vazire, S. (in press). Informant reports: A cheap, fast, and easy method for personality assessment. Journal of Research in Personality.
- Vazire, S., & Funder, D. C. (2006). Impulsivity and the self-defeating behavior of narcissists. Personality and Social Psychology Review, 10, 154-165.
- Vazire, S., & Gosling, S. D. (2004). e-Perceptions: Personality impressions based on personal websites. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 87, 123-132.
- Vazire, S., & McCord, P. (2002). Understanding the gap between American and Iranian students' views. Clio's Psyche (Special Issue: The psychology of terrorism and mourning September 11), 8, 198-199.
- Vazire, S., & Robins, R. W. (2004). Beyond the justification hypothesis: A broader theory of the evolution of self-consciousness. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 60, 1271-1273.
- Paulhus, D. L., & Vazire, S. (in press). Self-report methods. In R. W. Robins, R. C. Fraley, and R. Kruger (Eds.), Handbook of Research Methods in Personality Psychology. New York: Guilford Press.
- Vazire, S. (in press). Looking glass self. In R. F. Baumeister and K. D. Vohs (Eds.), Encyclopedia of Social Psychology. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage publications.
- Vazire, S., & Gosling, S. D. (2004). Personality and temperament. In In M. Bekoff (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Animal Behavior. Westport, CT: Greenwood Press.
- Vazire, S., Gosling, S. D., Dickey, A. S., & Shapiro, S. J. (in press). Measuring personality in non-human animals. In R. W. Robins, R. C. Fraley, and R. Kruger (Eds.), Handbook of Research Methods in Personality Psychology. New York: Guilford Press.
Department of Psychology
Washington University in St. Louis
One Brookings Drive, Box 1125
St. Louis, Missouri 63130